January 20, 2009

Change Has Come

January 20, 2009. The beginning of a bold and beautiful new era for America and the world community. A day of hope and new beginnings. A day when millions were moved to tears. A day that will live forever in the hearts and minds of all who witnessed it.

Yes, that’s right, I’m talking about the relaunch of DocSmartypants.com.

Why, what did you think I meant?

OH. Right. The Inauguration. How could I forget?

the-hat1

Aretha’s hat was A-MAZING!

Seriously. I looked upon it and saw the face of god. It was like that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when they open the Ark of the Covenant and all the Nazis’ faces melt off. Aretha’s hat could totally melt a Nazi’s face off. This is just one of the many reasons we love that woman.

Oh yeah, and that President Obama guy is cool, too.

posted under Miscellaneous

“Change Has Come”

1. On January 20th, 2009 at 9:42 pm Larry Says:

That hat is awful, unlike this site, which is wonderfully designed! I’m glad the Doc is back.

2. On January 20th, 2009 at 9:44 pm docsmartypants Says:

Aretha’s Hat knows you said that. Your days are numbered, my friend.

3. On January 21st, 2009 at 8:11 pm Sheri Says:

Ah — the hat and this site are both wonderful!

4. On January 21st, 2009 at 9:55 pm EGT Says:

Love the new layout! Yay!

5. On January 21st, 2009 at 10:29 pm The Ghetto Says:

The new site is super cool! And the Inauguration was awesome (also, I thought you couldn’t wear hats on the stage so I was super duper surprised by the hat)! Did you do any Inauguration Celebration? We watched in the Oceans Ballroom at the Georgia Aquarium!! It was really neat. Love ya!

6. On January 22nd, 2009 at 11:59 pm docsmartypants Says:

Thanks, everyone! The new design will take some getting used to, but I do like it. It will certainly be easier to upload and share photos next time I do something interesting.

Ghetto! I watched the Inauguration with a bunch of people at work. Everyone was very enthusiastic (especially about The Hat), and we had a cake and snacks. The best part of watching it on TV? Not being surrounded by two million other people, all of whom will want to leave on the same train as you.