1. Supreme Beings of Leisure “Get Away” My official song of the week. It’s the only thing that has managed to get that Alice in Wonderland Painting the Roses Red song out of my head.
2. Video Stores I know Netflix is cheaper and more convenient but there’s still something to be said for the spontaneous and hands on experience of the good old independent video store. Plus the always entertaining customer/clerk verbal exchange: “Have you seen this one? It’s really good. Well, not really but Matthew McConaughey has his shirt off for no reason for at least half of the movie! Oh, and these’ll be due back on Wednesday.”
3. Chex Mix Sweet ‘n’ Salty Honey Nut variety Just had these for the first time this week. I like the snacks that accomplish both sweetness and saltiness simultaneously.
4. A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. Because this author is just so weird.
5. Dear Frankie It’s an endearing Scottish film with Gerard Butler. Enough said.
6. This T-shirt!
7. The Book of Useless Information by Noel Botham and The Useless Information Society. If you bring a raccoon’s head to the Henniker, N.H., town hall, you are entitled to receive $10 from the town. I know what I’m doing this weekend!
8. Watching Snakes on a Plane with my coworkers. I live for surreal moments like this where the boundary between real life and dreams just seems to blend for a few hours.
9. Peanut Butter Puffins Who says cereal isn’t a dinner food?
10. That magical 30 minutes of the day when I am home and Buster is asleep.